Denmark’s future climate
The climate data for Denmark has been updated with the new RCP scenarios from the Fifth Assessment Report from the IPCC.
The most important changes are:
- More rain. More rain in winter and less in summer. The summer season will include both periods of drought and heavier downpours.
- Milder winters. Milder and more humid winters. The growing season of plants may be prolonged.
- Warmer summers. Warmer summers with a risk of more and longer heath waves.
- Higher water levels. A general increase in water levels is expected for the seas around Denmark.
- More wind. More powerful storms can be expected.
- Greater cloud cover. Generally a slight increase in the cloud cover, more in winter.
You can find more information here.
More examples of climate change adaptation: